Saturday, February 27, 2010

Step #1
Stand Up:
I am so sick of dietitians and physical therapists making it seem like you have to work out 3-5 times a week or there is no point. ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! Ok let me just say, when I first started getting into shape and working out I started off with a 10 minute workout Saturday mornings! That was it for like 5 or 6 months. I just managed a 10 minute workout once a week and my muscles would be sore for days after words. Gradually I started working up to more but just standing up- getting up and moving a little makes all the difference in the world.

Maybe it's a 15 minute walk around your neighborhood or doing a few squats and jumping jacks in front of the TV- You're moving and that's the important part. Also can I just say to the moms out there- Keeping up with the kiddos can be a workout all on it's own. Maybe while you're picking up the toys you can squat down instead of bending over. It's easier on the back and great for your quads. And carrying the babies around- whooo arm workout! I bet if you flex you have a ginormous muscle! So be encouraged, you ladies work your butts off and probably burn more calories than any of us!

So to sum up, baby step #1 is STAND UP! It's so easy once you start and hey if you need to make a note to yourself- DO IT! If you need to put some light dumbbells next to your bed to remind you- DO IT! Exercise doesn't have to be intimidating if you don't make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment