Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Walks are a beautiful thing...

Aren't walks on a sunny, warm, Spring day a glorious gift from God! Oh my, today I took a walk and can I just describe the beautiful sensation of all of my muscles working, my heart pumping, the Spring feeling pulsing through my body! Oh I just adore Spring.

I definitely encourage you to take a walk this week- it is supposed to be a glorious week! Psych yourself up for it. The lovely thing about walks is that there is NO PRESSURE! You can walk as fast or slow as you want, pump your arms like a march or not. I mean it is totally up to you how intense you want your walk to be. Some days you just need a light happy walk. Other days a strong arm pumping walk is amazing. I am pretty sure whatever walk you choose you will be able to experience those endorphins pulsing through your body.

If you recall: endorphins are those chemicals that our body releases that make us "feel good!" They are actually a mechanism we adapted to encourage our "fight or flight" responses. Our bodies were granted with adrenaline to make sure we could escape from predators and so forth. Consider endorphins as a reward for your hard work! They are a God given motivational prize :)

So this week the goal: Get outside and take a lovely walk- feel your body getting stronger and healthier. Another little factoid is that walking involves every muscle in your body when done correctly. If you pump your arms, stand up straight, and swing those legs with power you are working your arm muscles, abs, butt, and leg muscles! So go get em girls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment