Monday, March 29, 2010

You guys are doing an awesome job!

I just wanted to take my time to congratulate you on your success today. You all are making some sort of effort to improve your health. Even if it's just reading my blog and educating yourself- those seeds are now in you and believe it or not, you're applying them to your lives.

On that note of praise I want to remind you to reward yourselves for your victories. Say you work out once this week- you know what? That is great! You're getting some physical activity into your hectic crazy week and that is awesome! So reward yourself... I will say that rewarding yourself with food probably isn't the best route to take. Not that having an ice cream cone will kill you! But it's the patterns we create that hurt us in the end. This really applies to children. If they do a good job and we reward them with a candy bar, when they grow up they'll eat a lot of candy bars to get that same satisfaction they felt as a child when they did a good job. So obviously you guys aren't kids but how about some alternative rewards: For you moms out there I say give yourself 30 minutes of alone time!!!!! DO IT! I know you feel guilty but seriously you deserve some time to yourself!

How about your favorite cup of tea or coffee and a good book? That is always appealing to me. For a special occasion, plan a day out! I love going to Longwood Gardens in the Spring. It is a gorgeous garden that goes on for miles and when it's tulip season there are literally millions of them everywhere!!!

So reward yourselves this week- you're doing a good job, trying to stay active and aware of your health and I am so proud. Also for you CCC ladies Zumba starts next Tuesday I believe at 5:30 and it's only $5 per class. It's a really fun way to exercise because it combines dance with cardio that will get you moving but you'll have a fun time too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment